Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Caroline update

I just got off the phone with mama. She's still at the hospital. I guess my Godmother never got her hands on Adam. Brian has been with him all day. They are STILL waiting on the doctor to come in but the nurse practitioner just talked with them. He said that it looks like heart failure. (I am kinda freaking out because, hello--- HEART FAILURE??!!??) BUT mom said that is a very BROAD term. Caroline has an enlarged heart. This could be caused from pregnancy. They don't know how long she's been like this. (I would have thought they would have noticed this months ago, but I'm not a doctor) Once the doctor comes in, Brian and mom will switch locations. Grammie keeps to keep her "peewee" tonight. I'm SO jealous. I hate it that I'm stuck here in Charleston. I wish I could be with my sister and her new baby!! Again, keep the prayers a-coming!! Please!!

Oh yeah, they have her on Lasix, which is a diuretic. The heart failure has been causing all of her swelling. If you didn't know this, Caroline's feet were really swollen her last few weeks and are still pretty swollen. Poor thing!! She had to borrow some of my flops when I was home because she normally has skinny feet, I'm the one with the fat feet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment